How to Clean the Lens on a CD/DVD Player or Drive 3 Steps
Whether you use your laptop's optical drive or not, it's important to keep it clean so it's there for you when you need it. Here's an easy way to clean slot-loading CD and DVD drives (like the... If you're getting a no-disc error, you may need to clean the DVD player's laser pickup. The laser pickup is what reads DVD's and allows you to view them on your TV. If you need to clean the laser pickup lens on a DVD player, follow these simple steps.
Clean lens Optical Drive Myce.com
Wipe the drive's lens clean using the dampened cotton swab. Apply as little pressure as possible; the lens is very delicate and may be easily scratched. 5. Dab the lens dry with a fresh cotton... Reassembling the unit should be a piece of cake. Put it back into the MBP, put the MBP together and test the optical drive's CD/DVD reading and writing capabilities to see if the cleaning had any positive effect.
Cleaning Optical Drives Windows Forum
The way I clean my laser lens is open the case… Use Lens Cleaner and lens cleaner cloth and spray some of the cleaner on the cloth and slowly clean the laser lens not pushing to hard but just gently brush the lens a few times in circular motion making sure it is clean of dust or oil or other containments… then close the case and put back how to delete mail in queue on centos 30/11/2011 · How to clean the lens of your optical drive. This will save 95 % of the ODDs. Here's an article I am writing that will tell you how to repair your optical drive or DVD player that is having problem in reading media or even recognizing discs.
What is the proper way to clean optical drives Answers.com
19/05/2013 · Watch more Tech Quick Tips videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/13287-H... If your CD or DVD player has become sluggish or is skipping, you may need to clean the lens. how to clean and disinfect fresh vegetable Whether you use your laptop's optical drive or not, it's important to keep it clean so it's there for you when you need it. Here's an easy way to clean slot-loading CD and DVD drives (like the
How long can it take?
Optical Drive Lens Cleaning Apple Community
- How to clean Slot-Loading optical drive? Apple
- Can I use Hydrogen peroxide instead alcohol to clean my
- Cleaning Optical Drives PC Review
- Optical Drive Cleaning Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums
How To Clean Optical Drive
With removable laptop drive, clean the contacts of the drive with a pencil eraser. With a desktop model, unplug the machine and pull the data and power cables and then firmly reseat them. If the drive functions perfectly well without an indicator light, the drive light may be defective. Failure to light up may indicate a problem with the inner workings of the drive, such as a short in the
- 30/11/2011 · How to clean the lens of your optical drive. This will save 95 % of the ODDs. Here's an article I am writing that will tell you how to repair your optical drive or DVD player that is having problem in reading media or even recognizing discs.
- Still others recommend that in order to do the job right you open the Mac, extract the drive, and clean the lens with a Q-tip and denatured alcohol (iFixit can show you how to open your MacBook
- 13/12/2018 · I am sorry if this is too basic a question My optical drives (DVD/CDRW) have become slow with time and in some cases even non functional. Since its just been over 2 years, i assume they have become dirty (as in, the lens).
- 3/01/2011 · Thinking about the fact that I had not cleaned my optical drives in a very long time, I used one of those disks with a couple of brushes attached, to clean my DVD drives.